Faculty and staff traveling outside the 50 United States must complete a RAT50

Body of the review

Auburn University faculty and staff who plan to travel outside of the United States 50 on business to Auburn must submit a RAT50 form at least 30 days prior to departure.

You will need an approved RAT50 form for the following reasons:

1. Be insured in Auburn’s International Emergency Travel Insurance, which provides medical evacuation and security benefits.

2. To obtain a consular letter outlining the insurance for any overseas visa appointments.

3. To reconcile purchasing card travel expenses, such as airline tickets.

4. To be submitted with your eTravel Voucher, which is used to obtain reimbursement of travel expenses.

To access the RAT50 form:

Go to the “Employees” tab of AU Access and select “RAT50” in the “Travel” section. Here you will find instructions and useful information for completing the RAT50 form as well as the form itself. Once you have read the instructions, please go to the bottom of the page and click on “Proceed to RAT50”. Click on the tab labeled “Add/Edit RAT50” to complete your RAT50. Travelers to US DOS Level 3 and 4 destinations must electronically sign a “Risk Agreement” in the “Tips for Level 3 or 4 Travelers” section of Form RAT50. If you are traveling to Cuba, a separate agreement document will appear for electronic signature. At the bottom of the form you have the option to “Save and continue or come back later” or “Submit”. Once you click “Submit”, your RAT50 is routed for approval to your supervisor and then to the Travel Insurance Coordinator, or TIC.

RAT50 certification:

Once your RAT50 has been approved, you will receive an email from TIC, RAT50@auburn.edu, stating your RAT50 approval and advising you to expect an email from CISI containing a “Welcome Pack” with information about the insurance, an insurance card and a consular letter. If you do not see this email in your inbox, please check your “Junk Mail” and “Deleted Items” folder. To access your approved RAT50, select the “Complete RAT50” tab on the RAT50 Dashboard (where you originally submitted the form). Here you will see your complete list of trips with an approved RAT50. Select the appropriate approved RAT50 and retain a copy for your records.

Traveling with dependents, such as spouse and/or child(ren):

Any dependents traveling with you may also be covered. Simply add the dependent(s) information to the bottom of the RAT50 form. Once your RAT50 is fully approved, you will receive an email from TIC, RAT50@auburn.edu, requesting payment for listed dependents. Payment can be made by cash or check (made payable to Auburn University) and sent by campus mail, US Postal Service or dropped off at 243 Foy Hall during RAT50 appointment hours. Once payment has been received, you will receive an email notifying you that your dependent(s) have been registered and to search for an email from CISI with a “welcome package” as you received, but with the information about your dependent(s). In place.


If you submitted a RAT50 but never received an email notification, the RAT50 may have been lost or accidentally queued by the wrong person. The TIC, RAT50@auburn.edu, can locate it and let you know if it was queued incorrectly or stuck in someone else’s queue awaiting approval . The TIC cannot approve travel requests, so you must email the person in the queue. This helps push the RAT50 to its final destination.

Non-U.S. citizen traveling to home country for business in Auburn:

If you are not a U.S. citizen and plan to travel to your home country for business in Auburn, you still need to submit a RAT50 form.

When is a RAT50 form not used?

1. For travel within the 50 United States including Hawaii and Alaska.

2. For students pursuing study abroad programs: Students are enrolled in International Emergency Travel Insurance through Auburn Abroad, auab@auburn.edu.

3. For student-athletes and coaches traveling with them: Student-athletes and coaches are covered by another type of insurance policy. Contact the Athletics department for more information.

4. For Personal Travel: If you are going on a personal trip or vacation abroad, do not submit a RAT50. Insurance plans for non-Auburn individual trips abroad can be found on the web.

For questions related to the RAT50 process, please email RAT50@auburn.edu.

#Faculty #staff #traveling #United #States #complete #RAT50

Add Comment